When we talk about “SpaceVac,” “we,” “our,” or “us” in this policy, we are referring to Space Vac Technologies Group LTD (UK) and SpaceVac International (worldwide), the company which provides the systems to our customers.
Like most businesses, we have to collect and store certain pieces of information to enable us to do our jobs day to day. This data relates to all aspects of our business might includes
- Customer details – contact information, billing details, delivery details etc – the kind of information we (or any other business) might need to do business with you
- Supplier details – bank details, contact details etc
- Marketing leads – collected at events and via our website where users have consented to us contacting them in the future.
- Website analytics – Anonymous information on how people are using our website to enable us to improve it in the future
This page sets out to explain why we collect this information, what we do with it once we have collected it and how you can find out more about what information we might be storing about you.
Information we collect and receive:
1. Customer Data
Content and information submitted by users to the SpaceVac is referred to in this policy as “Customer Data.” As further explained below, Customer Data is controlled by the organization. When we collect or process this Customer Data, we do so on behalf of our Customers.
SpaceVac may collect and receive the following information:
- Contact information. Users may provide information such as an email address, phone number, and password to make contact, arrange a demo or ask a question.
- Billing and other information. For Customers that purchase a system, our billing dept may collect and store billing address, payment information and when required credit card information related to sales.
- Log data. Our CRM system enables us to track our interactions and messages from you to ensure a high-level of customer service.
2. Website Data
SpaceVac collects information about how people are interacting with and behaving on our website. We do this to find out what sorts of content people are looking at, whereabouts geographically they are visiting from and even information such as whether you are viewing the site on a mobile device or a laptop. This service is provided by Google analytics and collects NO personal data on our visitors at all.
Further we DO NOT employ any third-party software, plugins or functionality that tracks and collects any personal data on our website visitors.
Where data is required to be submitted to complete an action or send a message then users are given the option to OPT IN to receive email marketing messages in the future. Where this consent is provided, we will add your data (as collected) to the email database. Where this consent is not provided, then when the message has been received and actioned, then this data will be deleted from users email and the content management system that stores data in our website.
How we use your information
In most cases we use your information to provide and improve our levels of customer services and to simply allow to us to do our work. Its difficult to pay invoices for instance without bank details.
Customer Data – SpaceVac may access and use Customer Data as reasonably necessary and in accordance with Customer’s instructions to (a) provide, maintain and improve the Services; (b) to prevent or address service, security, technical issues or at a Customer’s request in connection with customer support matters; (c) as required by law or as permitted by the Data Request Policy and (d) as set forth in our agreement with the Customer or as expressly permitted in writing by the Customer. Additional information about SpaceVac’s confidentiality and security practices with respect to Customer Data is available at our Security Practices page.
Other information –We use other kinds of information in providing our Services. Specifically:
- To understand and improve our Services. We carry out research and analyze trends across our customer base to better understand how users are using our systems, interacting with us as a company and it helps us to improve them.
- To communicate with you by:
- Responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending emails. We may send you Service and administrative emails and messages. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as security and fraud notices. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features or other news about Spacevac. You can opt out of these at any time.
- Billing and account management. We use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- Communicating with you and marketing. We often need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons. We may also use your contact information for our own marketing or advertising purposes. You can opt out of these at any time.
- Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep the our data and website secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
Sharing and Disclosure
- Customer Data
SpaceVac is committed to the safety and integrity of your data and personal information. With that in mind we make it a policy not to share your data or personal information with third party agents, companies or similar.
The only occasions that SpaceVac may share or disclose Customer Data and other information would be:
- During changes to our business structure. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of SpaceVacs assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence).
- To comply with laws. To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
SpaceVac takes security seriously. We take various steps to protect information you provide to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology.
We have process and software in place to ensure the security and integrity of your data and information at all times.
Our Services are not directed to children under 13 and accordingly to the best of our knowledge we hold no data on minors. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us to remove this listing from our information immediately.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we will post any changes on this page. If you continue to use the Services after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.
Reviewing your Data and Withdrawing Consent.
SpaceVac of course appreciates that occasionally, individuals with data held in our systems and databases may want to review, update, amend or even delete data held about them.
SpaceVac aims to make this process as simple as possible and accordingly has set up a dedicated email address – firstname.lastname@example.org – to handle these requests.Please address your enquiry to this address in the first instance.
SLA – SpaceVac is committed to responding to initial queries within 3 working days of the request being received.
Mechanism – On receipt of a request for a review of the data held by SpaceVac, the data officer within the company will collate a brief report that details
- What information is held about you
- When this information was collected
- Why we are holding it in our systems
At that point, users will be able to either approve, amend or request the removal of this information from our Electronic databases. Requests to amend or delete data will be actioned and confirmed in writing within 5 working days of a delete / amend request being filed with the data officer.
To find out more about the data being held by SpaceVac on your – please contact our Data Officer on email@example.com .
Some of the data that SpaceVac collects will need to be stored and kept on file for longer than others.
Data that is required for our ongoing day to day work – billing details, delivery details etc – will be kept on file until the customer / supplier / individual requests that we remove it.
New messages and requests submitted via the website will be deleted from the CMS within 30 days. Email notification emails are deleted as soon as they are actioned by the individual involved within SpaceVac. Information that has been collected for marketing purposes – at events for instance – will be kept in our email database until such time that either 1) the user unsubscribes and removes themselves from the list or 2) that we determine (due to multiple unopened / bounced emails) that the address is no longer valid and removed after 12 months. We review the integrity if our email database regularly so will proactively remove bad or unresponsive email accounts as a matter of course.
For more details on our Data Retention Policy, please contact the data officer – firstname.lastname@example.org